JN Bank UK Ltd is a newly launched UK bank, delivering savings and loans solutions to customers through online channels and our branch. The bank builds on the heritage of the Jamaica National Group of almost 150 years and more than three decades of service to members in the UK though other operations. In 2019, we became the first Caribbean bank to be granted a UK banking license, building a resourceful and tight-knit team of dedicated professionals. We are now looking to add to our team to help deliver our ambitious growth plans.
With a commitment to trust, inclusivity and facilitating the goals and dreams of customers in a meaningful way, the bank’s employee value proposition maintains focus on respect, innovation, service and maintaining a positive work environment.
Place of work
We have a hybrid operating model, working both from our office in Bermondsey, London SE1 and remotely. This role is therefore reliant upon having superfast, reliable Broadband connectivity. Candidates will be expected to attend the London office as required and at least two days each week.
35 hours a week, on a pattern that that includes some early starts, evenings and weekends. A great degree of flexibility is required for this post.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, this role is responsible for providing oversight alongside contributing to the day-to-day tasks of the Underwriting team, ensuring the delivery of successful outcomes to the Bank and its customers.
The role holder will be responsible for the underwriting of unsecured loan applications within procedure and credit risk appetite. You will review applications using a variety of data sources, including credit bureau and open banking information to assess credit worthiness and affordability.
As the Underwriting Lead, for approximately 20% of your time, depending on business needs, you will also provide support and assistance to other team members including the daily allocation of work, completion of quality assurance activity, identifying and supporting deployment of continuous improvement and ensuring governance, in line with the expectations and outcomes set by the Head of Operations and wider management team. The role holder will also deputise for the Head of Operations as required.
JN Bank is a dynamic, new organisation and this role would suit a candidate who would like to be part of the development of our Underwriting operation, focused upon responsible lending and delivering excellent operational efficiency.
We provide a service to our customers seven days a week. It is a requirement that the role holder will be available to work a pattern that includes some early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review loan applications in accordance with credit policy, risk appetite and underwriting procedure
- Take responsibility and manage cases from point of application to completion
- Assess all information available correctly in the review of the loan application including undertaking due diligence on all clients
- Ensure that applications are processed within set service standards and in line with key performance indicators
- Adhere to internal underwriting policy and regulatory requirements, FCA guidelines, Money Laundering, prevention of Financial Crime, data protection
- Undertake appropriate due diligence and affordability assessment on all applicants
- Support other teams with processing and tasks as required
Continuous Improvement and Governance
- Have oversight of the daily workload of the team, allocating tasks and engaging with the Head of Operations to prioritise work where required
- Conduct regular first line quality checks and feedback results to team members
- Training and coaching team members to ensure consistent delivery of good outcomes that are efficient, clear, unambiguous and in line with policy and procedure
- Act as a point of escalation regarding complex cases or queries
- Monitor operational MI and data, sharing insight where opportunities for optimisation and improvement are observed
- With the Head of Operations, contribute to the development of underwriting policy, processes and strategy and where required, work with the Head of Operations to ensure change requirements are clearly documented
- Form collaborative relationships across the business to deliver our strategic objectives
Experience and qualifications
This role will suit an experienced underwriter who is confident in handling complex consumer lending cases, seeking out opportunities for improvement and, organising team tasks to ensure efficient and effective completion.
The candidate should be comfortable overseeing the work of other members of the team, providing support and ensuring the right customer outcome is achieved and an exceptional quality of service is delivered.
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in underwriting retail consumer lending (preferably in the unsecured credit sector)
- Experience in training/coaching and giving respectful and honest feedback
- The skills to take a sensitive and light touch approach with fellow underwriters
- Previous experience of working on continuous improvement initiatives such as the preparation and deployment of new systems or procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills; building relationships across all levels of seniority
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe it makes our company stronger. We celebrate the differences that all our colleagues bring to our business.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made to the recruitment or interview process.
We regret that owing to the volume of applicants, we will not reply to you individually if you are not shortlisted for this vacancy. We thank you, in advance, for your application.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter (if you wish) to HR@jnbank.co.uk