Customer Operations Manager
Customer Operations Manager
JN Bank UK Ltd is a newly launched UK bank, delivering savings and loans solutions to customers through online channels and our branch. The bank builds on the heritage of the Jamaica National Group of almost 150 years and more than three decades of service to members in the UK though other operations. In 2019, we became the first Caribbean bank to be granted a UK banking license, building a resourceful and tight-knit team of dedicated professionals. We are now looking to add to our team to help deliver our ambitious growth plans.
With a commitment to trust, inclusivity and facilitating the goals and dreams of customers in a meaningful way, the bank’s employee value proposition maintains focus on respect, innovation, service and maintaining a positive work environment.
Place of work
Base location - London SE1
We operate a hybrid model of working in the Bermondsey office/Brixton branch and remotely. This role is therefore reliant upon having superfast, reliable Broadband connectivity. There is currently a requirement to attend the office a minimum of two days a week
35 hours a week, worked on a rota that may include evening and weekends. A degree of flexibility is required for this post.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Customer Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the UK Customer Operations team, which covers both Customer Services and Banking Operations. The role holder will also manage the day to day relationship with TCS, our outsourced call centre partner, also part of the JN Group.
This will include allocation of work, completion of quality assurance activity, motivating, developing and guiding the team. It will suit someone with a hands-on approach, willing and able to undertake Banking Operations and Customer Services activities as well as leading the team. The role will oversee, day to day activities alongside a blend of new projects and initiatives.
This role will focus on the full range of products and services to be offered by the Bank and bring subject matter expertise to project activities. It will suit someone with previous supervisory experience in an unsecured, FCA-regulated environment with practical knowledge of UK and International payment systems, confident with reconciliation work and setting up general ledgers in addition to having a strong customer focus.
JN Bank is a dynamic, early-stage firm and this role will suit a candidate who relishes new challenges and would like to be part of the ongoing creation of a first class specialist Customer Operations function, focused upon providing an excellent customer experience and delivering excellent operational efficiency.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the team, co-ordinating day to day tasks and activities and ensuring that all processing activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Build a hybrid function, where team members are multi-skilled and able to cover aspects of both banking operations and customer services
- Maintain and develop a thorough technical knowledge of the core banking platform, its processes, controls and procedures
- Oversight of the integrity of the core banking system ensuring the accuracy of payments and customer data and suitable configuration for new products
- Responsible for payments schemes: UK Faster Payments, SEPA, BACS, CHAPS, Cheque Processing and SWIFT
- Responsible for setting up general ledgers as needed and able to oversee postings, reconciliations and carry out investigations as required
- Supporting with regulatory reporting - FSCS, AEOI and BBSI
- Understand, communicate and re-enforce relevant regulatory, risk and control themes throughout the team, driving team awareness with testing, reporting and necessary change
- Day to day management of outsourced call centre partner, based in Jamaica, inline with 3rd party management policy and procedure
- Maximise utilisation of call centre to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operation
- Meet all regulatory requirements including the Consumer Duty, providing customers with the service they need, when they need it
- Ensure relevant checks and controls are working effectively across all Operations processes, aligned to risk appetite and meeting the Bank’s regulatory framework, including Consumer Duty AML and KYC regulations
- Ensure that appropriate payment policies and procedures are updated on a periodic basis and reflect regulatory changes
- Drive the development of systems and processes to provide best outcomes and experience for our customers
- Identify and escalate to the Head of Operations, recommendations to overcome system incidents/outages and contribute to the testing of project and other technology developments
- Maintain effective relationships with all internal and external colleagues, stakeholders and organisations
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the team and critically analyse operations performance data to ensure that continuous improvement is targeted and achieved;
- Motivate, plan development, coach, train, induct and conduct one to one meetings with employees, setting performance standards, recognising achievement and addressing performance issues
Experience and qualifications
- Retail operations environment experience, with specific expertise in respect of loan products, savings products, UK and International Payments as well as an operational risk focus.
- Able to demonstrate a passionate commitment to providing great outcomes for customers at all times
- Detailed knowledge and experience of payment schemes used in the UK
- Knowledge of payments guidelines, scheme rules and regulatory framework, specifically including Consumer Duty, AML and KYC regulations
- Confident with setting up general ledgers and accounting/reconciliation aspects of banking operations
- Able to quickly learn the Bank’s IT environment and applications as well as the concepts and practices required to implement effective IT systems in the department
- Ability to balance workload, dealing with multiple priorities and ability to work within a team in a changing environment
- Experience of coaching and team supervision
- Excellent communication abilities, including strong written and verbal skills
- A good listener, who works to understand the needs of others
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative approach with creative problem solving
- A flexible style that allows for the input of others.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe it makes our company stronger. We celebrate the differences that all our colleagues bring to our business.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made to the recruitment or interview process.
We regret that owing to the volume of applicants, we will not reply to you individually if you are not shortlisted for this vacancy. We thank you, in advance, for your application.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter (if you wish) to HR@jnbank.co.uk.