Customer Operations Lead
Customer Operations Lead
JN Bank UK Ltd is a newly launched UK bank, delivering savings and loans solutions to customers through online channels and our branch. The bank builds on the heritage of the Jamaica National Group of almost 150 years and more than three decades of service to members in the UK though other operations. In 2019, we became the first Caribbean bank to be granted a UK banking license, building a resourceful and tight-knit team of dedicated professionals. We are now looking to add to our team to help deliver our ambitious growth plans.
With a commitment to trust, inclusivity and facilitating the goals and dreams of customers in a meaningful way, the bank’s employee value proposition maintains focus on respect, innovation, service and maintaining a positive work environment.
Place of work
We have a hybrid operating model, working both from our office in Bermondsey, London SE1 and remotely. This role is therefore reliant upon having superfast, reliable Broadband connectivity. Candidates will be expected to attend the London office as required and at least two days each week.
35 hours a week, on a pattern that that includes some early starts, evenings and weekends. A great degree of flexibility is required for this post.
Reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, this role is responsible for providing oversight alongside contributing to, the day-to-day tasks of the Customer Operations team, ensuring the delivery of successful outcomes to the Bank and its customers.
The role holder will be the first point of contact for our customers and will take ownership of the customer experience ensuring that service is consistent with the organisation’s ethos. Handling customer queries and complaints through all channels in an efficient and effective manner, the role holder will ensure our customers receive the correct outcomes consistently.
As the Customer Operations Lead, for approximately 20% of your time depending on business needs, you will also provide support and assistance to other team members including the daily allocation of work, completion of quality assurance activity, identifying and supporting deployment of continuous improvement and ensuring governance, in line with the expectations and outcomes set by the Customer Operations Manager and wider management team. The role holder will also deputise for the Customer Operations Manager as required.
JN Bank is a dynamic, new organisation and this role would suit a candidate who would like to be part of the development of our Customer Operations, focused upon the achievement of great customer outcomes and delivering excellent operational efficiency.
We provide a service to our customers seven days a week. It is a requirement that the role holder will be available to work a pattern that includes some early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Handling customer queries received via all communication channels, taking ownership to ensure that all requests are handled in a timely manner and escalated as required.
- Take the lead in resolving customer complaints and issues in line with the firms process and policy and regulatory requirements
- Guiding customers/prospects in opening accounts, taking out loans or managing accounts
- Appropriately routing and actioning manual savings account requests
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks on behalf of other teams, such as printing, mailing documents and downloading electronic files
- Participation and assisting in promotional and engagement activities
- Maintain a full understanding of the products and services offered by JN Bank and the core banking systems used ensuring the accuracy of payments and customer data and suitable configuration for new products
- Develop a strong understanding of and process payments through UK Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPS, Cheque Processing and SWIFT and share that knowledge with team members
- Populate the core banking system with new products, payments and customer data
- Completion of daily reconciliation processes
- Undertake and support necessary KYC and AML checks for customer operations
- Support other teams with processing and tasks as required
Continuous Improvement and Governance
- Oversee the daily workload of the team, allocating tasks and engaging with the Customer Operations Manager to prioritise work where required
- Conduct regular first line quality checks and feedback results to team members
- Training and coaching team members to ensure consistent delivery of good outcomes that are efficient, clear, unambiguous and in line with policy and procedure
- Act as a point of escalation regarding complex cases or queries
- Monitor operational MI and data, sharing insight where opportunities for optimisation and improvement are observed
- With the Customer Operations Manager, contribute to the development of policy, processes and strategy and where required, work with the Customer Operations Manager to ensure change requirements are clearly documented
- Form collaborative relationships across the business to deliver our strategic objectives
- Identifying ways to improve customer journey and using initiative to suggest effective solutions
Experience and qualifications
This role will suit someone who is comfortable handling complex customer queries, account investigations including system reviews, seeking out opportunities for improvement and, organising team tasks to ensure efficient and effective completion.
The candidate should be confident overseeing the work of other members of the team, providing support and ensuring the right customer outcome is achieved and an exceptional quality of service is delivered.
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a customer impacting role withing UK financial services
- Numerically confident, strong proficiency with Excel and quick to learn new systems
- Experience with UK payment systems would be advantageous
- Experience in training/coaching and giving respectful and honest feedback
- The skills to take a sensitive and light touch approach with team members
- Previous experience of working on continuous improvement initiatives such as the preparation and deployment of new systems or procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills; building relationships across all levels of seniority
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues in other parts of the business
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, with excellent understanding of FCA regulation including CONC-7 and responsible lending
- A highly customer-focused approach, committed to responsible lending
- High standards of written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail
- Be happy to pick up the phone to help customers and prospects
- Experience of working with credit bureau data and assessment of manual documents
- Experience working with data such as SQL or PowerBI would be advantageous
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe it makes our company stronger. We celebrate the differences that all our colleagues bring to our business.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made to the recruitment or interview process.
We regret that owing to the volume of applicants, we will not reply to you individually if you are not shortlisted for this vacancy. We thank you, in advance, for your application.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter (if you wish) to HR@jnbank.co.uk