JN Bank UK Ltd is a newly launched UK bank, delivering savings and loans solutions to customers through online channels and our branch. The bank builds on the heritage of the Jamaica National Group of almost 150 years and more than three decades of service to members in the UK though other operations. In 2020, we became the first Caribbean bank to be granted a UK banking licence, building a resourceful and tight-knit team of dedicated professionals. We are now looking to build our team to support our ambitious growth plans.
With a commitment to trust, inclusivity and facilitating the goals and dreams of customers in a meaningful way, our values are to be Dependable, Authentic, Respectful and Transparent. We have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving technology company and are focused on providing our customers with a great banking experience and outcomes and our fellow employees with a collaborative and positive work environment.
Place of work
Base location - London SE1
We operate a hybrid model of working both in the Bermondsey office and remotely. This role is therefore reliant upon having superfast, reliable Broadband connectivity. There is currently a requirement to attend the office a minimum of two days a week
From time to time, some of our customers will find it difficult to make their loan repayments. This role is to help collect arrears and agree suitable, affordable and sustainable repayment plans. It is predominantly phone based and involves speaking to customers, asking effective questions to understand their circumstances and listening actively. You will need to be able to identify vulnerable customers and make sure that we put the right support in place for both the customers and the Bank.
This is a fast-paced environment and would suit a candidate with experience of working quickly within agreed guidelines and comfortable using multiple IT systems. You will flourish if you care greatly about good outcomes for customers and are used to working towards targets and meeting key performance indicators.
Duties and responsibilities
- Speak with customers who have fallen, or are about to fall behind with their loan repayments
- Listen actively to understand their circumstances and put in place the correct support
- Identify vulnerable customers and agree appropriate forbearance and support
- Email correspondence with customers
- Agree sustainable and affordable repayment plans in line with Company policies and procedures, to the agreed level
- Escalate matters, with recommendations, to the department head when appropriate
- Work independently and moving easily between inbound and outbound calls
- Communicate clearly with other teams to ensure agreed repayment plans are correctly actioned within our systems
- Adhere Company policies and regulatory requirements including anti-money laundering, prevention of financial crime and data protection
- Support the Collections Manager with the creation and analysis of reports, such as the number of delinquent customers
- Provide occasional support to the underwriting team – this will be under supervision and training will be given
Knowledge, skills and experience
- A minimum of one year’s collections experience, ideally within a regulated financial services sector
- A customer focussed approach with a passionate commitment to treating customers fairly and acting in their best interests at all times
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills, able to question effectively and listen actively and confident speaking to customers on the phone
- Comfortable using a variety of IT systems
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-moving, dynamic environment and to meet deadlines
- Not flustered in pressurised situations and able to manage priorities effectively
- A positive, can do attitude
- Able to operate within clearly defined standards and deliver expected outcomes
- Knows to escalate complex matters and accept guidance
- A self-starter, enthusiastic, proactive and collaborative with a positive can-do attitude and readiness to learn
- A strong work ethic and flexible attitude
- An understanding of a regulated financial services firm ideal, however training will be given
This is a fantastic opportunity for a smart and ambitious customer focused person to join a new start up, digital bank where your hard work will be recognised and valued, with opportunities to grow with the business.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe it makes our company stronger. We celebrate the differences that all our colleagues bring to our business.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made to the recruitment or interview process.
We regret that owing to the volume of applicants, we will not reply to you individually if you are not shortlisted for this vacancy. We thank you, in advance, for your application.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter (if you wish) to HR@jnbank.co.uk